16 Nov 2011

Imperial War Museum - North

Also on the second day of our field trip we visited the Imperial War Museum in Salford. The building was designed by Daniel Libeskind, who also designed the 18.36.54 house I talked about last week.






















This building was nice and featured some really cool spaces inside. Two parts I really liked were a) the viewing platform which is 29 metres high and offers great views across Manchester and Old Trafford!


















And b) for 3 pictures that were displayed showing a small amount of the process that went in to the design. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have slowly began to understand the design process and learned to appreciate design from an architects point of view.




















The images I feel go some way to showing where the final design originated from.
































Comments if you pleassseeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment